30 October 2007

Catching up...

So, what's been going on in my life recently?

Not a whole lot really, but I figured I'd update my blog.

Illinois football made itself bowl eligible with its win over Ball State last weekend, during Homecoming weekend. I stayed in Chicago for the weekend, as I hosted Teri's bachelorette party.

Speaking of, after the date was already picked, we realized that it would be Halloween weekend in Chicago, so the girls attending were asked to wear an old bridesmaid dress, while Teri wore something that resembled a wedding dress. We went on a barcrawl down Southport and then over to Sheffield, where we ended up singing kareoke at Trader Todd's. (Correction: Teri and her mom ended up singing kareoke). Trader Todd's was the site of Teri and Kieffer's first date, so we figured it'd be a fun way to end the evening. At one of the bars, employees of the bar took our picture & plan on uploading it to their website. Awesome. As soon as it becomes available, I won't let anyone know. :)

Back to Illinois football - so, we're bowl eligible - and the following bowls are where we might end up:
  • Champs Sports Bowl - Orlando - 12/28/07 - Big Ten #4/5
  • Alamo Bowl - San Antonio - 12/31/07 - Big Ten #4/5
  • Insight Bowl - Tempe - 12/31/07 - Big Ten #6
  • Outback Bowl - Tampa - 1/1/08 - Big Ten #3
  • Capitol One Bowl - Orlando - 1/1/08 - Big Ten #2

Right now, it's looking as if we'll be somewhere in Florida or in San Antonio. Not that I wish the Illini to finish 6th in the Big Ten, but I certainly wouldnt complain if we ended up in Tempe. We'd have a free place to stay in Sean's place, plus it's doubtful that I'd go to San Antonio, should we end up there (which I think is most likely) - I'll be in San Antonio for the Final Four in April 08, there's no reason to go to Texas twice within a 6-month span if I can help it.

So, that's Illini football.

Illini basketball kicks off it's season with an exhibition game against Quincy this Wednesday in Champaign. It'd be awesome if we'd be able to see it on TV without having to leave our house - Thanks Big Ten Network & Comcast. Effers. We're having our IBDA draft at Teri's & Kieffer's wedding...

This weekend is Teri & Kieffer's wedding. I'm pretty excited for it. Hopefully I'll have my dress sooner rather than later. I know it'll end up looking great, I'm just a wee bit anxious to get it, to make sure it fits, looks good with my shoes, etc.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Megan said...

you're lucky with the bowl possibilities. I see the International bowl (again) in our future or the meineke car care bowl.