18 April 2006

Cable Guy

2:34pm: So the cable guy is coming sometime between 3-5pm today. My friend Dan is over. We are drinking beer. Beer 1 is halfway done.

2:51pm: Beer 2 is opened. No sign of the Cable Guy

2:56pm: Dan is finally connected on Sean's computer (Hi Sean!). He realized he needed to press the blue button in order to connect.

3:28pm: Beer #3 is about to be served. I think I may make a sandwich. No sign of the Cable Guy. Needless to say, I am *shocked*

3:46pm: Beer #3 is half gone. One guest on Jerry Springer just called another one a "Bible thumping whore" Neat. My boyfriend needs a new remote control. I hope the Cable Guy will give me a new one for him.

4:06pm: About to open beer #4. I need to go to the bathroom, but refuse to break the seal. Still no sign of the Cable Guy.

4:28pm: Still no Cable Guy. I still need to go to the bathroom. My "r" key on my laptop is broken.

4:49: I'm nursing beer #4, Dan is on beer #5. Still no sign of the Cable Guy. I wonder if he realizes he has 11 minutes to get here. I wonder if I could charge my time off today to Comcast.

4:57pm: 3 minutes to go Mr. Cable Guy.

5:03pm: No sign of the Cable Guy. I wonder if I should call Comcast

5:24pm: Dan and I are now watching Seinfeld. I'm on beer #5, Dan is on #6. I wonder if I should eat dinner. Thai sounds good.

5:55pm: Dan & I just ordered Thai food. I ordered chicken pad thai, Dan ordered chicken fried rice. I threw in an order of shrimp egg rolls. I will give them to the Cable Guy should he show up. Otherwise, I'll give them a try, they sounded tasty. My R button just fell off again. I'm getting drinky.

6:01pm: I just turned on WGN to check if Friends would come in decently enough to watch. Weird that it came in crystal clear. I checked all other channels that werent working previously. All good. Checked all of the channels in my room. All good. Thanks Cable Guy! I didnt even have to deal with talking to you!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm almost there...