24 September 2007

Ok, so I guess the diet starts today?

So, Teri's boyfriend Kieffer started an online Illini Biggest Loser competition Located here - a bunch of my interets friends and I are competing to win $350 by losing the highest percentage of body weight. The end date for the contest will be December 31st, 2007 - making it especially challenging at the end (being that it's during the holidays and all).

In any case, we're all taking pictures & weighing ourselves today & sending them to one non-participant who has been picked to be the judge (Thanks, Philo!). He'll track our progress on a weekly basis & keep the website udated in terms of who's ahead etc.

Kieffer has already done a great job at providing infomation for contestants as well. Others have provided websites to track your weightloss, to monitor what you eat, etc.

Last time I did the whole weight loss thing, I ended up losing 22 pounds in 4 months. I'm hoping to lose 20 pounds by the end of the year, but will continue to try and lose 30 by my 30th birthday (March 27th).

Wish me luck, because I've never been very good at sticking to a weight loss program. I'll stick to it for 3-6 months and as soon as I plateau, I usually give up. Hopefully this won't happen again.

No comments: