11 September 2007

Tailgating in the Paign

So, this past weekend was the first home game in Champaign. The weather could have been better (it rained the majority of the prime tailgating hours) - but overall, it was a fun day & always great to get back down to Champaign.

Thanks to our friend Ryan, we were able to park for free in the Ass Hall lot & we all got into the game free. (Hope it was ok to sell those extra 10 tickets you gave us!) :D


After the game, Brad's girlfriend ousted me as the last person to join the mug club at the Illini Inn. I can't believe I never joined in college. Chugging beer just isn't my thing. After about an hour being in the smoke-filled bar, I'd had enough, so I Freedom Cabbed it back to the hotel, while the others headed to Legends/Murphys. Kind of stinks, since I love those two bars (particularly Murphys) - but I was ready to wind down for the evening.


Made it all the way back to the hotel for $8 (although I think I gave him a 50% tip since he was originally from Chicago & somehow that meant he deserved more...). As soon as I got back, I found the phone book & ordered Pokey. I have no idea why I looked up their number, it's pretty obvious I knew the number was still 355-FAST. I enjoyed about 5 of the stix & then passed out for the evening.


Here are some pictures from the weekend (Illinois won 21-0, by the way. Defense looked great, the offense, notsomuch)--

The new North End Zone - all of the students, along with the band, now sit here. Looked pretty cool, in my opinion

1 comment:

Brad said...

Your recap is much better than mine.