11 March 2008

Is it time for vacation yet?

Yesterday I came home to finding my passport in the mailbox. I can't explain how awesome that was for me. I applied for it on February 27th & expected it to take the entire 3 weeks I was told. Had it taken 3 weeks, it would have arrived as I was on vacation in Vegas for the first weekend of the tournament. That would have made for a stressful trip.

So, now that I have that, the only thing left to worry about before leaving for Vegas is ensuring everything is in order at work. I'm sure things will be fine when I'm out, especially due to the amount of work I'm doing before leaving to ensure of it.

I also need to figure out a more solid itinerary for our trip to Paris. I have a good skeleton plan of what I want to do, I just need to figure out which days for which thing(s)... or just show up and wing it, which would also be fun.

In other news, yesterday was my first trip to the gym in about 3 weeks. Dreading the worst, I almost convinced myself to not weigh myself, as I didnt want to be disappointed sliding the weight-bobber to the right. Turns out I've lost 3 lbs since my last trip & am officially over 20 lbs lost since I began back in October. I'd initially planned on losing 30 by 30 (my 30th birthday), but with only 16-ish days left, I think I'll come up short. That said, I'm still pretty happy with my results so far & will reach the 30lb mark before too long.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

I don't think I can make your bday party...I hate the quarter system. If this school wasn't on quaters, I'd be there. Because they are, your bday is like the busiest week for me at work. BOO!

I would think you'd hit the true highlights in Paris. Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Arc de Triumphe. Make sure you get a little book of common french phrases (unless matt maybe speaks some french??). Most of the people I ran into refused to speak any English (which is fine, b/c if they came here i couldn't really talk to them either). If you're there long enough, you could even take the train in the chunnel and go to London for a day or something...it doesn't cost that much if you book in advance and only takes like 2 hrs on that train. I'm so excited you're going to paris!!!

Amber said...

Did you miss one of my recent entries that said, "Our plans for Europe are shaping up quite nicely. We will be spending 5 nights in Paris and then taking the Chunnel up to London & spending 2 nights there. "

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.