13 August 2008

Working in downtown Chicago has plenty of perks

One of the top one being the ability to eat lunch at Millennium Park.


My office is about 2 blocks west of Millennium Park, so it's a quick walk to and from for lunch. Typically, I find the same shaded spot, over near the huge block fountains at Monroe and Michigan. I grab a seat, eat my lunch & then read or just people watch. It's really neat to watch how excited the kids get while playing in the fountain (picture removed)





Today I decided to head to the Pritzker Pavilion (also pictured below). As I was walking into Millennium Park I noticed there was symphony practice going on at the Pritzker, so I decided to head over there to listen. I ended up sitting right near where people coming from the north turned to see the Bean/Cloudgate. It's sort of cool to hear the reactions of people as they make the turn. Anything from, "What the heck is that?" to "Here it is Mom! I knew we were close!" was uttered from the mouths of the assumed tourists. Normally, I'd get annoyed with tourists, but for some reason, today I didn't mind. It probably has to do with the reaffirmation that I live in a pretty cool city, enhanced by the fact that it's a beautiful day.





This was sort of a boring update.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day I'm gonna visit Chicago and you are gonna be my tour guide. (If that's okay with you) :)

Amber said...

LOL, of course. I'll just take you to the corn cob buildings. :)