23 October 2008

Flu shots

So our office had free flu shots today.

I've been contemplating whether or not to get one for about 3 weeks. I figure it's free, so I may as well. Then I think back to the previous 2 times I've gotten one and remember the icky feeling I got as a result. Nothing too major, but general fatigue and stomach-y issues.

I know there's very little scientific proof that one can get sick as a result of the flu shot, but I've heard too many people talk about how sick they became as a result of the prickly little needle. Did I really want to risk that, even if it was nothing major?

So, about 20 minutes before the nurses were set to leave our office, I walked into the conference room and got a shot (mainly due to boredom). I figure now I won't feel bad when I call in sick tomorrow. :)

No comments: