20 October 2008

Welp, see ya later!

I'm not actually really going anywhere, I just like that line from Dumb & Dumber and felt like using it.

I've just returned from meeting with the fine folks at National Louis University and I'm officially registered for Winter 2009 classes, to begin the week of January 12th. I'm still sorting through financial aid, but I'm hoping to hear back from them sometime in the next few days.

For those who don't know, I'm entering the graduate program at National Louis, going for my Master of Arts in Teaching (where I will also receive certification) for early childhood education. I am taking classes part-time (to begin, 1 class online and 1 3-hour class during the week, in the evening), and will be finished in the fall of 2010.

Needless to say, I am really freaking excited. I'm going to have to do my best to take advantage of the free time I currently have, because the next 2 years will likely be a lot different for me. Doing homework again? Going to the library to study? It's odd, but I'm actually looking forward to it.

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me in the past (seeing that I've been contemplating making this move for roughly 4-5 years). The next 26 months are going to be awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you, and excited for you. Good job!