20 February 2007

Chambana!!!

So Friday I went to Champaign with my friends Chris & Jen, mainly to have lunch with my internets friends, but also to spend some time in Champaign. I hadn't been since football season, and figured it'd be a fun way to spend a Friday night.

We had lunch with a big group at a new place called Billy Barooz. Chris and I were thinking of boycotting based simply on the name. The only part that really bothered us was the fact that it ended in a Z. Food was meh, beers were good.

Jen & I then headed to campus with our friend Joe, to kick off our campus bar crawl. We started off at Murphy's, had a couple of beers there (my tab for 4 beers was $8. 8 DOLLARS!)... decided to head to Legend's next.... turns out they were serving big ass 24 ounce bottles of Miller Lite for $3.25, which roughly equates to $1.62 a beer. Is this a joke? We ended up getting pretty buzzed at this point, and Jen decided to head to the Colonial Pantry to purchase cigarettes and a lotto ticket. After completely that transaction, we decided to head to Jimmy Johns for some food, after all, we needed something in our stomachs if we planned on making it the rest of the night.

While eating, Jen brought up the idea of heading to Kams. Now for those that do not know what Kams is, but do know the type of person I am, it's not a place that I would frequent without being pushed against my will. Because the snow on the sidewalks made it hard to walk, I convinced Jen that we should just go into the first bar we see...which ended up being Firehaus. Again, I had an issue with the name, but decided to go in, since there were spots to sit.

As we were sitting & enjoying our beers (of which I do not know the cost, as Joe graciously purchased them for us), the topic of masturbation comes up. On the car ride down, Chris had mentioned that his right shoulder was stiff. I asked him whether or not it was due to too much masturbating. He responded with, "Nah, I use my left hand for that. I'm ambidextrous" - so in lies the theme of the night. Jen & I asked pretty much everyone we were with which hand they normally masturbated with. Jen even went so far as to pose as a reporter for the Red Eye (commuter paper put out by the Tribune) at the bar. She went up to a table comprised of roughly 8 guys and 1 girl. Guess who got embarassed & didn't answer the question, while the rest of the group eagerly rose whichever hand it was they used more.

After Firehaus, we met up with the rest of our group down at the White Horse... one of my favorite bars on campus. Actually, the 3 bars I frequented while in school were all hit up on this crawl, so I was pretty happy.

We headed downtown after White Ho & hit up a couple of places. My memory starts to fade around this time, and as we hit the second bar downtown, I wanted to head home. Ryan (where we were staying) graciously offered to drive me home. I've since been told that he fishtailed part of the way home as a means of envoking some sort of fear in me. I'm sure I got mad at the time & I'm sure it didn't help my already upset stomach. Anyway, I made it home safely, changed into my pj's & got under the covers on the couch...

We went to breakfast the next morning at Flattop Grille. Normally, I'd be all about this place, as you can put candy in your pancakes... but after eating roughly half of my candy cake, my stomach decided it didn't agree with how delicious it was. I quietly excused myself to go to the bathroom. Candy cakes taste much better on the way down. :(

All in all, it was a great night in Champaign & I'm glad we decided to make the trip down. It was good to see everyone, to see campus (well, the bars and bookstores at least), and to not spend an entire weekend down there.

Next up this weekend: a baby shower in the burbs. That should be exciting. Stick around for a recap.

No comments: