28 February 2007

Matt bought a TV today

Holy effing crap.

A short backstory on this - back in the beginning of January, we saw this TV for $799.00 at the local Target. At the time, they were out of stock (duh, that's a great price for the TV). We were given a raincheck receipt for the price & were told to call in the future to check on availability. We called multiple local Targets, only to usually be told, "Sorry, we're still out of stock."

Yesterday, I called, and low & behold one of the Targets in the city had some in stock. 3 to be exact. So, after work, Matt & I headed over to the store to see if there was still at least one available. No such luck. I was pretty bummed. I resigned to the fact that it would be another couple weeks before more would become available.

Matt gets home a little later than normal today, but I didn't question it, as he had a bad day, I figured he got stuck at work. I'm laying on the couch, the back door opens & Matt is out of breath. He asks me to come help him carry stuff in. I'm thinking, "Huh? Carry what? I just went to the Jewels. What in the world could you have that you need help with?" I go to the back door, and there it is, sitting on the back deck.

Here's a visual montage of our adventures getting it set up:

2 comments:

Megan said...

sweet! looks great! i would have bought one but i had to buy a refrigerator instead. :(

Amber said...

We ended up with a sweet ass deal on it, which made it hard to pass up.

I already want to go back home and watch TV. I ended up staying up until 1 looking for different channels broadcasting in HD, just to look at it.