26 February 2007

Suburbs & Baby Showers

Two things I'm not particularly fond of. In any case, I was at a baby shower in the suburbs this weekend. Winfield to be exact. For those of you who have no idea where that is (myself included), it's some place near Wheaton.

Driving out there, based on the directions I was given by the broad having the baby, wasn't exactly easy. After a couple of loop-de-loops (is that a word?), I eventually made it to the burb I needed to get to. Before driving up to the house, I stopped in a parking lot to finish up listening to the first half of the Illini game on the radio. (sounds creepier now that I'm writing it).

Have I mentioned this party was Illini themed? Well, it was. I expected a bunch of orange and blue decorations, orange and blue foods... but didn't expect the girls to know there was an Illini game being played at the exact time of the party. (Don't worry, they didn't).

In short, the party was filled with pregnant women, women with babies, and married women. Lots of talk about how many teeth kids had, how fat some kids were (am I supposed to know that a 6 month old isn't supposed to be 22 lbs?), and the plethora of baby bopper covers available.

I am happy to report that the food was good... including the homemade pokey stix. And yes, somehow I was able to get the second half turned on the TV in the basement.

No comments: