23 February 2007

Cubs tickets went on sale today

Contrary to my past experiences attempting to purchase tickets on this day, I was able to get through, twice. I ended up buying two games (tickets are freaking expensive).

The first game is July 21st against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Now I know, my first choice was the Diamondbacks? Well, I heard the game promotion was Carlos Zambrano bobbleheads, so I immediately went for tickets. As I'm sitting here writing this, I'm thinking to myself, "Uh, you don't even like bobbleheads, why in the world would you get tickets for this game?" Even worse, for whatever reason, I figured, "Hey, it's a Saturday, in the middle of the summer, why not try for bleacher seats? Excuse me, Bud Light bleacher seats?" Once again, I'm thinking, "WTF is wrong with you, you hate the bleachers?" Tickets were $42 each. Somehow when I hit "purchase tickets" the final price for 2 bleacher seats ended up being $96.68. I guess that includes the Total Convenience Fee for 2 seats $9.18, along with Order Processing fee(including delivery) of $3.50. Holy cow.

The second game I purchased was the August 17th game vs the Cardinals. I'm planning on selling those tickets to some idiot Cardinal fan willing to pay me much more than what the tickets are worth.

Come to think of it, I may do the same with the Diamondback tickets, only replace "Cardinal" with "Cub" or "Diamondback" above. That, or maybe I'll try and sell the stupid Zambrano bobblehead on ebay.

One awesome thing of note regarding the Zambrano booblehead day - of the 10,000 people who receive the bobblehead, 10 lucky people will win a bobblehead made in their likeness. Now, that would be sweet. And kind of weird.

No comments: