21 May 2009

Further info to add to the confusion

So, I stopped by the center yesterday to pick up my New Hire/Company Handbook packet. All of the communication inside seems to indicate that it's expected that I will be working at the center when it opens. Yet, still no official offer. And by "official offer" I'm mainly speaking toward compensation. Perhaps its best for me to assume the worst, and expect to be offered the lowest possible salary. I can only be pleasantly surprised, right?

I reached out to the director again last night, just for final confirmation on start dates & compensation. I want to have that figured out, so I know when to write and deliver my letter of resignation to my manager. In addition, I want to have some time off between ending this job and starting the new one.

Looking around at my desk, it seems weird that I'll soon be leaving. No one at the office even knows I'm back in school. Not even those I consider good friends who I hang out with outside of work. It's amazing that it hasn't slipped out whilst enjoying some adult beverages. I can't wait for the day that I can tell my employer that I'm leaving. But I'm also expecting it to be bittersweet, after all, I've been here for five years.

No comments: