07 June 2009

9 Days

I have 9 days left at CSG Systems. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out a little bit. My focus over the course of my decision-making was mostly on how beneficial the change will be for me. I haven't forgotten about that, but I'm starting to face reality. My new job does not provide health insurance. I'm meeting with our HR department sometime this week to discuss my options. I'm hoping COBRA will be financially feasible, as I can't afford to not have insurance. I may also look into getting individual coverage from a place like Blue Cross/Blue Shield.

I will be starting off working part-time, which will be excellent in the summer. It'll also help me better balance school with work. I'm going to give it a couple weeks before I make a decision on picking up a second part-time job. I think it'd be fun to work in a beer garden or restaurant, but I don't know how well that'll fit in with my school schedule.

Back to the topic of this post though, I'm almost finished at CSG. A place I've been going every day (for the most part) for the past 5 years. We moved buildings in February of 2008, but this new building lends as much memories as the old one. I'm going to miss the people I like. I'm going to miss the flexibility of the job. I'm going to miss the outings. I'm not going to miss being treated the way I was. I never felt like many of the people gave me the opportunity to show them who I was, and that I'm not some dumb girl who answers the phone. My job was so much more than that, and my skill set is so much more than I was ever able to use.

After listing the things above, I'm most going to miss being downtown. The ability to grab some food and eat outside shouldn't be taken for granted. I'll miss eating with Matt by the river. I'll miss eating at many places within Millennium Park. I'll miss being able to quickly head out and shop (and I'm not even much of a shopper). I know once I'm in the new position, I'll have other things that I didn't even know I'd miss.

Nine days.

1 comment:

For Education said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.