02 June 2009

Well, that was weird

After a forgotten resignation letter, a rewritten resignation letter & some nerves, I resigned from CSG yesterday, effective June 18th.

When I finally worked up the nerve to call my manager (she's in our Denver office), I was shaking and a little bit sweaty. It was really odd. When I called, she didn't answer, so I had to figure out how to leave a casual voice mail without sounding like I was resigning. She immediately called back, which was probably good for my nerves.

I explained why I was making the decision (school/career change), and it seemed to be ok from there. My manager told me that she thought I was overqualified for the position and that I was definitely under utilizing my skill set.

I've only told 2 people here so far - one who will be greatly affected by my departure, and one who I consider my closest friend here. If it were up to me, I wouldn't tell anyone until 4PM the day I left. I dislike enough people here (as a result of their treatment of me) that I'd like to see them run this place without me. That said, I lack the actual ability to leave people SOL. So, over the course of the next few weeks, I will work with my manager to create a transition plan, in hopes of making my departure as seamless as possible. (But it will be nice to hear if the slightest thing goes wrong, it'll at least show me that I meant something here).

Anyway, I've got about 12 1/2 days left here. Wow.

No comments: