12 June 2009

I eat alone

Now, I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, but I eat lunch alone. I can count on my hand the number of times I've been invited to eat lunch with someone at my office (well, this isn't true. Teri and I used to go to lunch. Additionally, the IT guy and I usually go out and grab lunch, but usually bring it back and eat it at our respective desks).

In any case, I usually eat lunch at my desk, or outside during the summer. I actually prefer to be alone at times like lunch and riding the train to and from work. It's my time to relax and be away from the folks at work. Not that I mind them, I just like being alone I guess.

That said, it still bothers me that people didn't invite me to lunch more often. Even though my likely answer would have been "no," I would have liked to have been asked. Being that it's my last week at my current company, I'd assume it *might* happen now. So far, it hasn't.

I don't even know why I felt the need to write this post, other than running into people from my office at Millennium Park. I put forth effort to avoid them at all costs, even though I find them to be generally nice people. I just didn't want to see them, or for them to see me, and then think, "how sad, Amber's eating alone."

Today is also my last Friday in this office. Odd.

2 comments:

David said...

1. I wish there was someplace near my office that I could sit outside and eat lunch. My old place had a picnic table 200 yards away.
2. You wanna go to lunch with me sometime?

Amber said...

LOL. Perhaps if Sean and I are down in C/U soon, we'll do lunch. :)