26 February 2009

Bing Bang Bong

4 days in a row.

This is probably a new record for me.

When I was only working out at Curves, their plan only requires 3 workouts a week, so I usually went a total of 3 days in any given week.

I went to Curves last night. I'm enrolled in their personal training program called "Curves Smart" - basically, it's just a little tag that you put in each of the machines as you work out - to monitor progress & change how you're working out (intensity-wise) as you're going through the circuit of machines. It's been very helpful for me. When I didn't have it, if I was having a bad day, or didn't feel like working out, I'd dog it throughout the workout. With this, there's a little light that flashes & you want it to stay green. When it turns yellow, I hear "YOU'RE DOING BAD! DO BETTER!" in my head. After the workout, you can then look at what you did, how many calories burned, what areas need to be addressed in future workouts, etc. It's pretty cool.

I went to FFC at lunch today, to see how I'd like it. To be honest,I'm not sure which I prefer (morning or lunchtime). In the morning, I don't feel rushed - it just stinks getting up so early. When I went at lunch, I felt rushed enough into taking a hobo shower (wipe down, spray self with body spray, re-apply deodorant). So, we'll see what I decide for future training... most likely a combo of both.

All of that said, I am SO happy to take tomorrow off. :) Back to the grindstone on Saturday, but once I head home from class tonight, I'm probably going to be pretty darn relaxed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're starting to inspire me. Lisa keeps talking about us joining up at the local place now that we have one less excuse not to do it. :) She just about has me talked into it.

Amber said...

Getting into the routine of it all is key... at least for me. Because I have so many things going on right now (school, training, work), somehow it's been easier for me to create a schedule and stick to it. I think the lack of free time is why. In the past, I'd always think, "I can do that later" - not the case anymore.