25 February 2009

I got my hairs cut

I have no idea how I'm going to put my hair in a pony tail for workouts.

It's long enough to barely fit into a little bastard of a pony tail, but the sides are short enough that they fall out.

I did bring two rubberbands, so maybe I'll have to be all pippy longstocking tonight.

I guess we'll see.

I put up a half asleep pic of the new do/due? on Facebook.

That aside, I am looking forward to happy hour this Friday with friends I only see at these scheduled happy hours. Should be a good time. Thanks to my pal Tom for organizing these.

Saturday I'm headed out to Schaumburg to meet up with former coworkers from TMP. TMP was my first job out of college, out in Des Plaines - worked there from May 2000 - November 2002. I'm really looking forward to seeing Angie and Robyn. Both have kids now, live in the burbs, and *might* both be stay-at-home moms. Besides Jen & Teri, who I still keep in touch with and am very close to, Angie and Robyn were my two favorite people at TMP. Stinks that I have to drive all the way to the burbs, but I'm still excited about it. (Also excited about trying out zipcar for the first time) (( Matt and I recently signed up for zipcar - a car sharing program in larger cities).

That's all for now.

You're all welcome for 3 new blog posts 3 consecutive days. (and by "all" I mean Megan & David - and possibly Brooke and Mike).

3 comments:

Brooke said...

haha! of course i'm still reading! and yes, i do appreciate your new info. :) thanks for the shout out!! and like you mentioned...it's so much easier to have a "schedule" of workouts that you have planned...and someone to do them with. but i'm all about marking them off so i can see my progress. 24 weeks is a long time to train for something, but i know you will do great!! keep us updated.

Mike said...

I am very happy for you and your workouts, and your hair.

Is it wrong, however, that I have a deep hatred of curves? I think it stems from a brewhaha with an ex over the whole thing.

Amber said...

LOL, why do you hate Curves?

I enjoy it because
-it's quick
-it's all women, so no feeling self-conscious
-it's tough
-it's right next door
-small community of people, can be very encouraging.