27 February 2009

Working for the weekend

As I sit here at 2:42 PM on Friday, I am yearning for the weekend.

More specifically, I'm anxious for happy hour tonight and then going home to rest. I'm hoping to get up early tomorrow morning, as I have schoolwork and a 3-mile walk to get in.

I had McDonald's for lunch today, due to too much bacardi and diet coke last night (after class, I met Brad and Matt at Langes). Because of my new eating habits, I did restrict myself. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich without mayo and a small fry (is it small fries?). Anyway, after entering it into my daily consumption log, the lunch was only 600 calories/15.5 grams of fat (which is within my 600/19g lunch allotment). Granted, it had tons of sodium and virtually no other nutritional value beyond protein. I'm still happy I didn't go and order my usual 3-piece chicken selects meal. I didn't bother to calculate the nutritional value of that entire meal after seeing the values for the 3-piece alone. Yikes.

Matt is going to Kenosha for the weekend tomorrow. He's helping his dad paint. I'm spending tomorrow morning training/studying, and then hopping in a zipcar and heading to the RAM Brewery in Schaumburg. That should be a fun time, despite the location. At least I talked them out of Bahama Breeze.

Sunday is another 3-mile walk, followed by Michigan State coming into Champaign for a huge game. It's a stretch, but if the chips fall where they need to, Illinois could end up tied for the top of the Big Ten at the end of next week. More than likely, they'll end up in 2nd or 3rd place (which still far exceeds my pre-season expectations. Heck, most anyone's expectations).

I'm enjoying posting on my blog more regularly. Being so busy has been a good motivator, as odd as that sounds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brooke said...

don't worry about missing one walk...you have plenty of time to make it up. Just make sure you do the majority of the training each week and you should be good. And now that I see the cooking class you are going to, I'm going to see if I can find a similar one in Houston...I have a friend that woudl LOVE that class!