13 April 2009

Walking, Easter and Decisions

On Friday, I was offered a job at an early learning center where I'd been interviewing over the course of the past 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to take it & I'm not sure how to feel about it. I've made the decision to change careers, however, if and when I do, I want it to feel as right as possible. This place just didn't feel right. I am still in the interview process for another center, on the north side of Chicago, about 2 miles from my current apartment. I'm holding out hope that I'll be offered the job there, even though it doesn't currently offer insurance. It's a new center, starting from the ground up. They're currently working out of a basement of a 3-flat, soon to be moving into a new center being built. I think I'm excited to be a part of something starting from the beginning (if that makes any sense). All of that said, because of the drastic pay cut I will be taking, Matt and I have to move once our lease is up (July 31st). We're currently looking at Roscoe Village (a little further west from where we are) and even contemplating buying a place. That's just a pipe dream of mine though, I'm afraid.

I went on my first 7 mile walk on Saturday as a part of my training program. I've found that I need to map out a walk that includes walking by/to places I want to see. For example, this past Saturday, I mapped it out to walk by the new center to see the progress being made, to walk through Roscoe Village, to then walk to the lake, and back by Wrigley. It certainly helped, and the walk wasn't quite as tough as I was anticipating (outside of the cold wind, which got worse as I walked back toward the lake).

We spent Easter with Matt's mom's side of the family in Glendale Heights (a western burb). He's really lucky, in that he has many cousins that are around his age. We spent time catching up, playing bags, and sitting around the fire outside. His oldest cousin has 2 sons (including the one who accosted me at Thanksgiving) who I spent a lot of my time with. I just tend to gravitate toward kids if they're around. I always assumed this was normal and that everyone did this. Kids are awesome, afterall.

Today is opening day at Wrigley, however, the rainy weather will likely cause the game to be postponed. There were people at the bars on my way to the train this morning. I was jealous.

No comments: