20 July 2009

Moving day looms....(some language may not be SFW)

I hesitated in writing this entry because I know it'll only cause me to become incredibly sad. Matt and I are moving in 2 weeks. We're moving from the apartment where everything began. We're moving from the first place Steve called home. We're moving from a really great neighborhood that has everything we need within walking distance. We're moving from a place full of so many memories. I can't even begin to think about how it'll feel when we walk out of here for the last time. I'm not sure I'll be able to handle seeing this place empty, completely devoid of our ever living here. Because I'll still work close by here, it'll be pretty surreal to walk or take the bus by this place.

Our new place (*fingers crossed*) is in Roger's Park. We're still waiting to hear back from the landlord whether our application has been approved, but I'm optimistically hoping it will be. For those outside of Chicago, Roger's Park is pretty far north. It's actually the northernmost neighborhood before reaching the suburbs. Downtown Evanston is going to be closer to me than downtown Chicago.

It's going to be a big change, and please forgive me for any upcoming sad posts on my part.

I'm in an incredibly happy and exciting part of my life, so I need to keep my mind and heart focused on that.

I will miss Westview: A Gated Community.

First/Housewarming Party at Lunt's Cunt/Wooly Cunt - Mizzou/IL game in September. (The new apartment name is still under consideration)

No comments: