25 July 2009

Things I love about my apartment

It's close enough to Wrigley to hear the crowd cheering (this will always be near the top of my list)

The following are easily walkable from my front door:
grocery store
CVS
Justins, Messners, Guthries, Schoolyard, Toons, Langes, Newport
FedEx
Dry cleaners
Tango Sur (my favorite restaurant in the city)
D'Agostinos (the place where I decided thin crust pizza was good)
Flattop Grill (my favorite break-up place)
Two different train stops
multiple Zipcars
Music Box Theatre
Julius Meinl Coffee
The post office
Multiple fast food options


A sense of security (there are like 12 doors to get through before getting to our front door)
The woman who cares for the landscaping, whom I look forward to greeting in the morning
The huge storage closet (which currently houses a huge dresser, full sized bed, and about 35 boxes)
The hallway from the living room to the bedroom (makes the place seem bigger)
Gas stove
Back outdoor area
The window in the bathroom
The linen closet
Our huge bedroom (which admittedly, we do not need the amount of space we have)
The main living area (living/dining combined for a bigger space)
Being within a 2 miles from work, which allows me to walk to/from

It's where Matt and I started our lives together. And then we found Steve. This has been Steve's only indoor home.

It seems so silly, it's not like we own the place or anything, or that we've lived here all that long (3 years) - but these walls hold a lot of memories for me. I'm in a place in my life where I've never been happier, and most of those decisions toward a better life happened in this place, with the help of and encouragement from Matt.

I am looking forward to having more memories in our new home, but that doesn't mean it's going to be easy leaving this place.

No comments: