25 May 2007

So...Megan's wedding is coming up

That means I get to buy new clothes to wear... even more exciting, new jewelry!

So, yesterday I ate lunch at the Vets memorial next to the river & then went shopping for necklaces for the wedding. Somehow I ended up with 3 necklaces and 2 pair of earrings.

I head to MarshallFieldsMacys because they sometimes have great sales and generally have a large selection. What do you know, they had a sale!

So, going in, I knew I wanted a bigger beaded necklace, more than likely in red. I get to MFM and noticed they had very little red necklaces, but they did have a turquoise colored big beaded necklace. Marked down from $24 or something already cheap - to $12. I found a pair of earrings that matched & ended up paying a total of like $16 at MFM. I was happy to have found a necklace/earrings for the wedding. Plus, the turquoise will go nicely in Phoenix. Or something.

I'm happily walking back toward my office when I see a girl wearing a dress with a similar neckline, in the same color as my dress. She has on the red beads. I see how great it looks and now decide I want to find big red beads. Since they didnt have them at MFM, I stopped at a purse store on the way back to the office.

I ended up finding 2 red necklaces there. One of the big bead variety (with earrings) and one completely random one that probably won't go with the dress at all. Again, being the bargain shopper that I am, I only decide to buy these new found treasures because of how cheap they were. The necklace/earring combo was marked down from $30 to $6. The small bead-y one was marked down from $45 to $15. So, again, I spend roughly $20 on jewelry.

I've since decided that I like the turquoise one the best and plan on wearing that. And since I rarely, if ever, return items, I will be keeping the other two necklaces & earrings.

And because you've been so patient in reading this (or patient in your skimming, or scrolling completely past the story to get to the pictures)... here they are (in order of appearance):








3 comments:

Sean Moore said...

Hey, wow, you really *are* a girl.

Megan said...

i hate your new necklace. return it please. Just kidding. I hope our wedding is fun enough to make your purchases worth while. :)

Anonymous said...

i like the third one the best.