17 March 2009

Awesome parking spot fight I witnessed this evening

Girl standing in open, metered parking spot on a busier than usual Southport Avenue, directly across the street from Mystic Celt (which is packed full of drunks celebrating St Pats Day)

Car pulls up, puts car in reverse to pull in. Assuming girl standing is waiting to cross the street, she looks out the window and waves her on. Standing girl doesn't move.

Passenger gets out of the car to ask the girl to move. Standing girl refuses.

Passenger girl continues to talk to the standing girl, asking her to move.

Meanwhile, driver is semi-blocking traffic along Southport.

Passenger girl tries to talk more to the standing girl, explaining that they are blocking traffic, they are on a public street, etc etc. Standing girl's friend now comes from outside of the bar across the street, slowly walks over and stands in the spot with her friend.

The driver now puts her hazzards on, puts the car in park and gets out to ask the standers to move. Meanwhile, passenger girl now gets into the drivers side. As her friend is asking the girls to move, passenger girl (now driving) starts slowly backing up, into the spot.

Eventually, the car taps the standing girl, who still refuses to move. Her friend is behind her, but starts getting out of the spot. The car makes its way into the spot, after lightly tapping the standing girl a couple of times.

Along comes a drunk spinner, running out of the bar, across the busy street over to the situation. She gets into the face of the owner of the car (original driver) and starts shoving her, "You ####ing ran my friend over, b###h!"

People at the bar are clapping and encouraging.

The car people do nothing. The girl who parked put money into the meter and waved her friend over.

Spinner is still angry and continues to yell and flail about.

Standing girl takes multiple pictures of the car, and says, "Don't worry, when I fall down tonight and hurt myself, it's going to be because I was run over by your car. I'm just getting proof now"

End of story.

That car is going to get effed up.

3 comments:

Megan said...

i just laughed out loud reading this post. thank you.

Amber said...

I pretended to be on my phone and waiting outside of a bar nearby, just so I could watch it all.

It was excellent.

Anonymous said...

Hello?! I would have been over there taking pictures/video of the whole thing with my cell phone. Well, except that my cell phone doesn't have a camera. And, plus I wouldn't want to have gotten beaten up, so I guess I wouldn't have been over there. I would have just stood there pretending to be on my phone.