31 March 2009

F.M.L.

I had an interview at 7:30AM this morning at an early learning center just south of the Loop.

I went to bed early because I was afraid of sleeping through my alarm. I had nightmares about sleeping through it, and missing the interview.

I woke up at 5:45, looked at the clock and knew I had 15 more minutes to sleep, so I did. I next wake up and the clock says 6:20, my alarm never went off, since i set it for 6:00PM.

So, I rush to shower and get ready and am still able to leave by 6:45.

I didn't really pay attention to what redline stop I needed to get off at, just that I needed to get to 800 S Wabash. I get off at Harrison (the stop I assumed was closest), and low and behold, it's 800S.

I walk a block over to Wabash, I'm a little early, so I grab a water at the Caribu on the corner.

I walk up and down Wabash looking for the center, it's not within 2 blocks on either side of 800 S Wabash.

I go back to the Caribu to ask if they know where it is. They hadn't heard of the name, but said there was a center about 3 blocks down. I hustle to get down there.

It's not the place. By this point, it's 7:35 and I'm 5 minutes late.

In my haste this morning, I didn't write down the woman's number, so I had no idea what to do.

I just got on the bus and went into work.

I open the email to get a hold of the woman I was supposed to meet with.

I notice the address is 800 S Wells, not 800 S Wabash. (Wells is on the other side of the Loop downtown).

FML

No comments: