11 March 2009

Good Will Hunting sort of helped

I went to the FFC Union Station last night to get my walk in. I was a bit anxious, because I assumed there'd be some sort of fight for open treadmills. While most of them were in use when I arrived, I was able to walk right up and get on one (where I proceeded to break the 30-minute rule).

Each treadmill has their own TV, so that sort of helps with the boring walking. I have a little trouble focusing on the picture, without it getting blurry and bumpy from walking, so I sometimes watch the bigger TVs above. As I was looking around, I noticed someone else watching Good Will Hunting, so I flipped through the 50 or so channels on my personal TV to find it on mine. I can't remember the last time I've seen that (college, probably) so I wasn't as familiar with the plot, etc. Watching a movie, TV show, or sporting event certainly helps the time pass, but still, walking on a treadmill is BORING.

As I was heading home from downtown, I received a call from the lady at Curves. They are definitely closing. I went to pick up my shoes and get whatever passes they had for the nearby Curves locations. We'll see how that works out. I think I'll stop by and check out the location closest to me on my way home from work today. Seeing that I couldn't always get myself to a place that was 148 steps away from my door, I have no idea how well I'd do at a new location. That said, I don't want to give up the workout Curves provides - so, we'll see.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Thought: Walk TO the gym, that way you walk less on the boring treadmill, especially now that it's farther away.

Amber said...

I've considered that, Mike - however, the gym I go to is downtown. . . this requires carrying a bag of clothes (either my workout clothes or regular clothes) as well as shower and makeup stuff. Too heavy and cumbersome.

Perhaps if I go to the gym by my house (less cool and busier usually) - I can do that.

Brooke said...

I have a "thing" I'm sending you to help with all that new short hair. Will be put in the mail tomorrow, so be on the lookout!