22 March 2009

SPRING BREAK!!!!!!!

I'm totally on spring break until April 7th or 9th!!!! Whatever happens in Cabo stays in Cabo!!!

Ok, just kidding. Well, sort of. I'm finished with my first quarter of classes at NLU. I'm pretty relieved about it, and sort of wish I would have finished everything prior to my 4-day weekend, but all-in-all, I'm happy.

I am heading to a second interview at an early childhood education center called Kids Work on Tuesday early evening. I hadn't heard back after my phone interview, so I reached out to the woman I spoke with and she asked me to come in for a second interview. I'm looking forward to it, and hoping things go well. As sad it may be to leave my current job, I need the change for my professional and personal happiness. The difference in pay isn't really prudent in this economy, and that's certainly something I need to take into account, but I'm also anxious to start making more steps toward my future.

I've spent the past 4 days at the bar watching college basketball. The first Thursday and Friday of the tournament are probably my two favorite days of the year. Friday I held a fund raiser for my 3 Day Walk where people sponsored me by the drink, and overall I ended up raising close to $500. This was an awesome relief for me, considering our minimum fundraising amount is $2300. I'm almost there and still have 5 months to raise the remainder.

I've recently located my passport. I will be using it again at the beginning of April for the second year in a row. Unfortunately, this time it's not for Paris or London - but instead for Windsor, ON. I'm getting back to my annual Final Four trip, only this year it's just Jamie and I. Fortunately, friends we've met at a previous Final Four (Atlanta) - Nadine and Nate will also be there, so we'll likely hang out with or stay with them in Windsor, since Jamie and I don't really have a hotel (we're planning on staying with friends and family like the hobos we are). I'm doing well so far in my brackets, so hopefully my luck continues.

This is my last Sunday as a 30 year old. My 31st birthday is on Friday. I may be old, but I sure act like I'm still in college some days (see: this weekend extended). That said, I think I'm going for a low-key happy hour birthday celebration this Friday.

Have a good week, everyone! (and by everyone, I mean all 4 of you)

1 comment:

Mike said...

I am on spring break as well. I do not know what to do with myself, so I'm drinking heavily at work.